Born and educated on the east coast, Carol Worthington-Levy has been a practicing and growing artist for a lifetime. She holds a Bachelor of Science in fine art with specialties in painting and fabric arts, and studied painting and art history at the Tyler School of Art graduate school in Rome, Italy.
She continues study and growth in the fine arts via critique and painting classes, as well as taking workshops nationwide in painting and collage.
Carol’s work has been featured often in articles in The Palette Magazine, a fine arts magazine sponsored by CheapJoes.com. Articles of interest are found in issue 68, Jan/Feb 2019 ThePalette, Issue 68, and the Sept/Oct 2020 issue.
Carol’s mentors include Christopher Schink, Katherine Chang Liu, Skip Lawrence, Ned Wert and Mike Bailey. She has also taken workshops with Donna Zagotta, Gerald Brommer, Derek Gores and Carrie Burns Brown. Currently Carol is a member of the California Art Club and the Los Gatos Art Association.
Carol also enjoys doing fine art photography with her husband Lloyd. The couple have created seven substantial photography and narrative travel books that can be found on Blurb.com Other creative interests include work in fabrics arts and jewelry creation from recycled discarded game pieces, jewelry and clay.
Worthington-Levy’s award-winning painting and collage have been juried into shows such as the Woodmere Art Museum in Phila., the Brand Museum in Glendale CA, and many shows. Her work is found in private collections coast-to-coast and in Europe. She is an active juried artist at Gallery 24 in Los Gatos, CA, and was also juried into San Francisco Women Artists, where she still occasionally shows. Carol also shows annually at the Los Altos Rotary’s highly prestigious outdoor show, Fine Art in the Park.
Retired from a career as an international-award-winner in copywriting, creative direction, photo direction and design, Carol enjoyed a career that provided her a strong base as she created fine art in her (rare) free time. Between 1986 and her retirement in 2018, she and her small studio won nine coveted international marketing and creative awards, including the DMA Echo Award and the John Caples Award. In 2017 she was awarded the Los Altos CA community’s coveted John W. Gardener Leadership Award for her work in the nonprofit arena. She also has been recognized as a Distinguished Alumna at both her high school and university. To learn more about the Gardener award visit https://www.independentsector.org/gardner_leadership_award
Dedicated to community service, Carol frequently uses her fine art to help to forward good causes. Sometimes she donates, or
sometimes she creates for a specific need.
2022 Donation to help the Ukraine: original painting with a Ukraine-theme for Los Altos Rotary fundraiser
2021 Los Altos Bears, a Los Altos Rotary fundraiser with hand designed, painted model bears to line the streets of Los Altos, both to raise awareness of the downtown area following the pandemic, and to raise funds for the community.
2019 Creation and donation work for fundraising and awareness: created eleven paintings of historic buildings in Plymouth Meeting PA (founded 1686) co-creating a book of poetry, historical notes and artwork which sells on Amazon.com. The sale of these books has raised hundreds of dollars for the Whitemarsh Art Center, and helped to save key historical properties in the area from being destroyed to create a condo development. Those buildings will be used in establishing a new home for Whitemarsh Art League. All eleven paintings have been donated to the art center for display and reproduction for ongoing fundraising. https://www.amazon.com/ Village-Remembered-Recalling-historic-Pennsylvania/dp/1712497650
2017-2018 Tiny Pines Foundation Donated over 60 paintings to be distributed to new owners of tiny homes for folks who lost their homes and all belongings to devastating fires in Sonoma County. https://www.tinypinefoundation.org/
• 2022: National Purebred Dog Art competition, Three works placed as finalists.
• 2021: Hawaiian Art Alliance, Hilo, Hawai’i Three works accepted into their annual international show.
• 2021: Los Altos Bears, Los Altos Rotary fundraising and awareness project for the city of Los Altos.
I designed and painted two 3 ft-tall bears, and one 6 ft-tall bear, all auctioned for charity.
• March, 2021 Los Altos Library, one-man show; To see show visit:
• 2018 Baylands Center: Beyond the Obvious critique group. Included four works in watercolor and collage.
• 2018 California Watercolor Association, Juried into their annual National Exposition
• 2016-18 Juried into San Francisco Women Artists and participated in monthly shows.
• 2000 San Diego Watercolor Society, Juried into national show; Watercolor.
• 1998 Woodmere Art Museum, Philadelphia PA: Juried into annual show of 2D work
• 1997 Brand Museum of Art, Glendale CA: Juried into a national show featuring 2D work
Honors and Awards
• 1994, Distinguished Alumni, Indiana University of Pennsylvania, Dept of Fine Arts
• 1997 Distinguished Alumni, Plymouth Whitemarsh High School, Plymouth Meeting PA
• 2014 John Gardener Award, Los Altos, for using creative work to forward a nonprofit’s growth and success
• 2013 Santa Clara Valley Watercolor Society, Honorable mention
• 1998 Pacific Art Guild, Hagar Award, watercolor • 1997 Pacific Art Guild, Honorable Mention, watercolor
Enjoy Carol’s posts:
• The Art of the Commission- https://worthingtonfineart.com/2022/01/22/the-art-of-the-commission/
• Inspiration from the artist Helen Frankenthaler- https://worthingtonfineart.com/2016/06/17/inspiration-from-words-of-artist-helen-frankenthaler/